Common Law Admission Test or CLAT 2014 is a national level Law entrance exam for admission to the five-year integrated under-graduate and post graduate degree programmes. CLAT was introduced in the year 2008 by the National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore. This exam is conducted every year by 14 law schools in India.
CLAT is the most popular exam in Law field. Every year lakhs of student take this exam. The exam is for both Undergraduate and Post graduate courses.
The exam is being conducted by the 14 participating National Law Universities in the order of their establishment. This year for the academic session 2014-15 CLAT 2014 exam is conducted by Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar (GNLU).
CLAT 2014 Exam Dates:
Date of Examination: Sunday, 11 May 2014 (3:00 – 5:00pm)
CLAT 2014 Online Application ONLY:
This year CLAT 2014 will have only Online Application and Centralized Online Counseling. No other mode will be available. It will help thousands of Parents and Students in Securing Admission Saving Money, Time, and Efforts.
The first Core Committee Meeting of CLAT-2014, comprising of Vice Chancellors/Directors of 14 National Law Universities across India on 22nd October, 2013. The core committee deliberated on various issues related to the examination including Eligibility Criteria for the UG and PG courses, test centres, notification for application forms, important dates and pattern of question papers.
The important features of CLAT 2014 are the introduction of online Application and later Centralized Online Counselling for admission.
14 Participating National Law Universities in the order of their establishment-
- National Law School of India University, Bangalore (NLSIU)
- National Academy of Legal Study & Research (NALSAR) University of Law, Hyderabad
- National Law Institute University, Bhopal (NLIU)
- The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata (WBNUJS)
- National Law University, Jodhpur (NLUJ)
- Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur (HNLU)
- Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar (GNLU)
- Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow (RMLNLU)
- Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab (RGNUL)
- Chanakya National Law University, Patna (CNLU)
- National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi (NUALS)
- National Law University, Odisha (NLUO)
- National University of Study 6 Research in Law, Ranchi (NUSRL)
- National Law University & Judicial Academy, Assam (NLUJA)
CLAT 2014 Courses Offered:
- Undergraduate courses — LL.B & LL.M
- Postgraduate courses — LL.B & LL.M
CLAT 2014 Important Dates:
- The first Admission Notification of CLAT 2014 be issued – on December, 2013
- The online Application Form and Information Brochure can be accessed — from 1st January 2014 (Wednesday)
- The online Application From can be submitted — between 1st January, 2014 (Wednesday) to 31st March, 2014 (Monday, 11:59 p.m.)
- Common Law Admission Test 2014 – on 11th May, 2014 (Sunday) between 3:00pm to 5:00 pm